Collecting the American Sniper rifle1945-2000 by Joe Poyer
Collecting the American Sniper Rifle, 1900 to 1945 provides accurate information that will allow the collector to determine whether or not a particular rifle or telescopic part or other accessory is correct and not a fake or misrepresented part sold on the internet.
The book provides a detailed description of . . .
1. the sniper rifle with all parts and markings that make it uniquely a U.S. military sniper rifle.
2. the telescopic sight with all parts and markings that make it uniquely a U.S. military sniper scope.
3. the bases and mounts with all parts and markings that make them part of the U.S. military sniper scope assembly.
The book also contains a history of the development of each particular sniper rifle and telescopic sight. Its mounting on the rifle and sighting in are described in detail. A history of the development of the rifle leading to its use as a sniper rifle is included in an appendix, as are descriptions of British and Canadian sniper rifles that used American-produced telescopic sights.
Collecting the American Sniper Rifle, 1900 to 1945 covers all the sniper variations of the Model 1903 Springfield:
* U.S. Model 1903 .30 Caliber Rifle with the Warner & Swasey Telescopic Sight.
* U.S. Model 1903 .30 Caliber Rifle with the Winchester A5 or Lyman 5A Telescopic Sight.
* Model 1903A1 (Sniper) U.S.M.C. Rifle with the 7.8x Unertl Telescopic Sight
* Model 1903A4 .30 Caliber (Snipers) Rifle with the Weaver M73B1 Telescopic Sight.
|Collecting the American Sniper rifle1945-2000 by Joe Poyer|